Albury's Ferry began operation on February 18, 1959, the day the airport opened in Marsh Harbour. The first ferry was the "Junonia", a 40 foot Maine built lobster boat. The service was started by Marcell Albury with Ritchie Albury as the first captain. As the service grew additional boats were built of wood at the yards of Edwin Albury on Man-O-War.
The switch from wood construction to fiberglass began 24 years ago. Today the fleet is made up of fifteen "Donnies", wide body fiberglass diesel powered boats built to Albury's Ferry specifications in Florida. Our latest, Donnie XVII joined the fleet in May of 2016. We also introduced a new sports class Donnie. Donnie XVIs is a 28 foot Axopar. It has a closed cabin and is powered by a 300hp Mercury outboard. It's the perfect choice for dinner charters and customers looking to get where they need to go fast. All ferries are semi-enclosed, licensed, insured and inspected, and operated by experienced and licensed captains. Equipment includes life jackets, VHF radio, fire extinguishing equipment, FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared Camera Systems) and first aid supplies. The boats fall into five size catagories, 34', 39', 45' , 51' and 54'.